Frequently Asked Questions
Family Services Department
Thank You to everyone for your ongoing generosity and outpouring of support during this critical time. You are appreciated ~ HFHYS
DURING the disaster, Habitat for Humanity Yuba/Sutter actively serves our local area by partnering with local government to fulfill identified needs. These needs vary since each disaster brings with it uniques sets of needs. Through any disaster, Habitat Yuba/Sutter will be here to serve.
- AFTER the disaster is when our real work begins. Since the aggregate needs post-disaster are very different, we never know exactly how we will step-in and serve through the long-term recovery. We encourage the public to reach-out to us for up-to-date information and also watch our website for updates on services and assistance available; as well as opportunities for volunteerism.
- DONATIONS are extremely helpful! We welcome monetary donations, gift cards, and in-kind donations that you would normally bring to a ReStore! Things we cannot accept (based on best practices we have developed over the years & some hard lessons!)
- No used clothing! Please send used clothing to clothing thrift stores or agencies asking specifically for clothes. There are a plethora of reasons why! Just ask us!
- We cannot hold household items for exclusive use by survivors. Though your in-kind donation will ultimately benefit individuals impacted by disasters.
- We are very happy to accept gift cards and provide them to survivors. Gift cards to local to merchants that carry a variety of items are most helpful as well as gift cards for gas.
- SERVICES for survivors is always the goal! Since every disaster is very different and comes with its own unique set of needs and challenges. Habitat Yuba/Sutter works with local agencies to identify greatest needs for long-term recovery efforts. At this time we are still determining how we can help those in need. If you have been impacted by the Camp Fire we urge you to stay in contact with our family services department and be on the lookout for homeownership opportunities that will be released in the coming months.
Now Accepting Applications!
Newly REmodeled 2 bd home in Marysville! Click for more info!
Copyright © Habitat for Humanity Yuba/ Sutter. All rights reserved.